This site offers journalism job information for entry-level or early career jobs in London. Links to recruitment agencies, job postings and other related info are posted below.

  • Companies - magazines, newspapers and other specific firms
  • Recruitment Agencies - people who are paid to fill positions
  • Listings - think Guardian jobs, Monster, that sort of thing
    • Also see: Freelance Internships Graduate Schemes

      Tip: Hold down the shift key when clicking to make links open in a new window.

      Journalism Jobs - October 18

      On the Guardian jobsite, recruiter Media Contacts are looking for an associate editor with strong writing skills (21k).

      Journalism.co.uk has a listing from an energy website looking for a reporter -- preferably with experience, but they will consider first jobbers.

      Gumtree has an advert from a lawyer looking for someone to help him put together a housing law newsletter.

      The Careers Group has a post from some website called drdesi.com looking for students for work experience in journalism, publishing, arts and photography (unpaid/travel expenses). And Eurosport SA are offering a PR internship (1350 euros/month).

      Emap's WGSN are looking for a subeditor.

      Centaur's Employee Benefits are looking for a reporter with experience or qualifications.
      Reed have an opening for an assistant news editor in their Sutton offices.

      And Macmillian need a temporary editorial assistant for their Statesman's Yearbook.

      TotalJobs has an advert for an assistant editor for a Payroll Managers magazine.

      Went to a recruitment agency today... very depressing. They told me to expect a pay-cut and to do more work experience... and then tried to get me to apply for a job I don't qualify for. Um, yes. Confusing.

      2 comments:

      Anonymous said...

      I recently emailed you letting you know that I had finally got a job from an advert I saw on your site. Turns out it was not for me. I absolutely hated it there. After two weeks they fired me claiming I had appalling interpersonal skills, that I was slow, and produced work that was 'sub standard'. Personally I think they just hated me and needed an excuse to cut me, but hey, I'm biased. So like yourself I'm back on the job hunt. Don't worry I wasn't put off by my previous experience and am still using your site as a job resource. I've hopefully got some publishing work experience lined up as I'm thinking that the thick skinned world of hard-core journalism might no longer be what I'm looking for. I've had to move back home to my folks' and have no money. Life officially sucks. Anyways, let me know if you hear of any graduate/assistant publishing jobs that require NO EXPERIENCE in book publishing especially if they're in the market for a candidate with appalling interpersonal skills...i'm their lady!! Hope your job hunt is more successful than mine. Sarah

      Nicole said...

      Sarah! That sounds horrible. Good luck with the publishing work experience.

      Penguin are having a lunch and learn at the end of the month for people wanting to get into publishing. I was thinking of going myself. http://www.careers.lon.ac.uk/output/page319.asp?id=13749

      Also take a look at Inspired Selection on the recruiters page, they seem to do a lot of book-related stuff.

      Good luck!