This site offers journalism job information for entry-level or early career jobs in London. Links to recruitment agencies, job postings and other related info are posted below.

  • Companies - magazines, newspapers and other specific firms
  • Recruitment Agencies - people who are paid to fill positions
  • Listings - think Guardian jobs, Monster, that sort of thing
    • Also see: Freelance Internships Graduate Schemes

      Tip: Hold down the shift key when clicking to make links open in a new window.

      About

      I've had people ask questions about this site... So here's some basic background info...

      Blog - While I do tend to post in the Job Roundup blog most weekdays, I do not check every source listed on this site. I check the sources in Job Listings and the major publishers in Company Listings most frequently. I almost never check the recruiters, so check those yourself, you lazy fools!

      Advertising - Right now on this site, I've got Google Adsense stuff and Amazon links. The ads in the sidebar with the images, those are completely not vetted by me. I have no idea what ends up there. Not that I make any money off of them, but whatever. (I've made about $2US. I'm looking forward to the day I can cash in and buy myself a cheap lunch.) In other sections, Amazon links are embedded in the text. While I happen to think Amazon's a good place to start for any book/dvd/ect, but they are obviously available elsewhere. I do reccomend, if you are going to buy from Amazon, to look for a used edition first.

      About me - Nothing you really need to know... I'm employed, but have a lot of spare time, which I spend looking for jobs. What does that imply about my current job satisfaction? I'm saying nothing. Either way, I thought I'd share what I've found. You should do the same (mmm... karma): jjobslondon @ hotmail.com.

      Kudos - Some very kind people have written in to say nice things. I thought I'd put them all in one place, so that when I'm having a crappy day, they could cheer me up. Feel free to do the same. I don't mind.

      "Great work on the site – it’s fabulous for a complete beginner trying to get in like me."

      "I just stumbled upon your blog and I wanted to say how helpful it is."

      "Your site is brilliant! Useful content, Browser friendly language..just what the journo-job seeker needs!"


      Contact - If you know a good journalism source, have some useful information, or would like to advertise a job on this site, I can be reached via email at jjobslondon @ hotmail.com or just post a comment (as they all get to forwarded to me anyway).

      3 comments:

      Anonymous said...

      Thanks for the site. My heart goes out to you re: housing situation. It's getting harder as well (partic. East London as the Olympics approaches)
      Cheers. Fitz

      Anonymous said...

      Dear Webmaster

      Thanks for this site. Very useful, though I use it as a backup for RSS feeds I have set up (I view this site generally using Bloglines).

      Like you, I'm looking for opportunities but have plenty going on through my own initiative. A lot through blogging.

      My experience of agencies is also negative - but this is an opportunity for you since they are clueless. You seem to be more aware of the market than they are and are well on the way to making them redundant!

      Your have best site of this nature out there I've seen.

      So, my suggestion is to put more into your blog.

      Further suggestions:

      1. By all means remain annonymous if you need to, but personalise as much as you can, perhaps giving yourself a mysterious job finding nom-de-plume.

      2. Make more of RSS - forget e-mail marketing.

      3. Dump blogger.com - set up your own URL based on your non de plume or niche. Wordpress is the current market leading blogging platform - you can always port over what you have from blogger.

      4. Use a proper dot com.

      5. Keep the Google Adsense advertising but dump the rest - it's a distraction and can't make more than you'd find by walking with your eyes looking down on the pavement. When you get the attention as you find your voice, network with other blogs, and more people link to and from you, advertisers will pay real money.

      6. Write around the topic so people will link to you as the "job hunting guru" and comment on other sites like I'm doing now!

      7. Let's chat.

      Tim

      Nicole said...

      Good advice, thanks Tim.

      Anyone with any other thoughts, let me know via comments or via email at jjobslondon@hotmail.com.